1. Go to Arizona in the Spring with Brit. This is one of those things I've been meaning to do for a while. I have calculated driving time, gas money costs, route, and when to go (May, ideally)so I can't see why I could'nt do this. Some of you might remember that last May I hiked the Grand Canyon for the first time in my life (although I have been there twice before). It was an empowering, fun, amazing experience and I totally want Brit to have her Breath taken away like I am every time I am there. I also want to go to Sedona, and maybe have lunch with some old family friends-the ones who live in Prescott. I feel that Arizona is calling to me, and I feel like it will be a healing force in my life to go there and just be with nature for a while. Plus, I have proper camping stuff now.
2. Heal my mind and body. Why? Because neither is in good shape. I have been sleeping way to little and eating poorly and putting way too much strain on my body by being in school. I'm now overweight by at least 10 lbs, and I can tell when I look at myself in the mirror. My sex drive is waaay below what it was before I was in school, and my energy levels in general have been low too. So I intend to start detoxing my body, trying to go at least 50% raw, start walking or jogging regularly enough to burn fat, and start doing zazen and kinhin (walking zazen basically)and maybe picking up tai chi to help balance out my energy flow and reduce tension. I want to look, feel and function better.
3. Get back in touch with my friends. I've had to push alot of people away or forgo hanging out at all because of the combined demands of work and school. This includes Pete, Polaris, Isabella, and a few other folks. I want to hang out with them when I'm NOT at a psytrance party, although I am in a good place with many people in the scene and do love it dearly. They're awesome people, and it's time we got to hang outside of parties. I need a life outside of working and being with Brit 24/7.
4. Get a better job. Sure ACS is nice, and they pay me well, but the work is mindnumbing, has not a thing to do with my intended career path, and it's only part time. I don't necessarily need to start working in Education (after all, I'm gonna go through the cert program in the fall anyways)but I want a fulltime job I don't dread going to everyday, where I can interact with actual people.
5. DJ more. Yeah, and learn to spin psytrance and stuff with beats. I need to get off the laptop so I can spin cd's and have more versatility with my music. That said, I think I will do a mix to welcome in the new year..another floaty chill mix with some tunes I haven't played before. If this comes to pass, I will put it online for everyone to enjoy, as I have previous mixes that I've done.